1. Protecting your privacy
Diamond Essence Australia (DEA) is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information held or collected by the School.
2. Personal information
Personal information held by DEA may include:
- your name
- contact details (including mail and email address, phone numbers and fax numbers
- date of birth
- bank account details.
For students, the personal information held by DEA may also include:
- demographic information
- academic qualifications
- special interests\special consideration requests in relation to fees which may involve information concerning your financial details or health.
3. How we collect personal information
DEA collects personal information directly from the public via:
- correspondence and phone calls
- retreat registration and other event registration forms
- application forms.
4. How we use your personal information
Your personal information may be used in order to:
- provide you with a range of services
- administer, manage and develop our services and programs.
5. When we disclose your personal information
For the purposes outlined above, we may at times disclose your personal information to organisations external to DEA. These organisations include:
- the Ridhwan Foundation
- the Ridhwan School for Spiritual Development
- outsourced service providers who assist us in the delivery of some of the services you receive, by providing functions such as:
o mailing systems
o information technology services
o retreat organising (especially accommodation and catering needs)
- our professional advisers, including accountant and auditor
- government authorities, as required or authorised by law
- providers of insurance products required by DEA.
Information disclosed to external organisations as described above is done on a limited basis and, other than when provided as required by law, is provided with the agreement from those service providers that they will maintain security of that information and not use the personal information for any other purpose.
In addition, for DEA students:
- your nominated contact details will be included in the secure DEA student login section on the DEA Website, which is accessible only by the teachers and students of DEA.
6. Accuracy of personal information
DEA strives to keep accurate records of the personal information we collect. Accuracy depends on the information provided to DEA. Students can update their personal details by contacting the DEA Group Coordinators. Any members of the public who wish to query the accuracy of personal information held about them may contact DEA using the email address or telephone number in the Contact DEA section of the website.
7. Access to personal information
You have a right to access your personal information held by DEA, subject to the exceptions listed in National Privacy Principle 6. If you would like to do so please contact DEA using the email address or telephone number in the Contact DEA section of the website. Your request will need to be put in writing for security and recording purposes.
It is DEA policy to provide a summary of the personal information that we hold, rather than copies of individual documents. DEA does not provide direct access to evaluative information generated within the organisation in connection with commercially sensitive decision-making processes.
8. How to contact DEA
If you have any questions in relation to the privacy of your personal information, please contact DEA using the email address or telephone number in the Contact Us section of the website.